Recipe From Phillippa Grogan
- 750g ripe tomatoes
- 3 white onions
- 2 tsp sugar, salt and pepper
- 3 cups freshly made Phillippas seasoned bread crumbs (recipe Phillippa’s Home Baking)
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken stock or water
- Grease large baking dish with 3-4 tabs olive oil
- Layer peeled and sliced onions, tomatoes and seasoned crumbs alternately starting with onions, and finishing with the bread crumbs, seasoning all layers as you go.
- Pour liquid around the edges, avoiding the top , drizzle with 3-4 more tablespoons of olive oil
- Bake 180c, 45 minutes until vegetables are cooked through and golden. Serves 8.