Tangy Australian apricots are important for this recipe.
- 12 thin slices round pancetta, 180g
- 350g white sourdough bread crumbs, fresh
- 3/4 cup loosely packed chopped dried Australian apricots, soaked in hot water for 10 mins
- 1/4 cup slivered green pistachios
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 80g melted butter
- 2 tabsp torn sage leaves
- 2 tabsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
Brush 12 cups in muffin tray with oil.
Lay pancetta in each one.
Mix together all ingredients, except pistachios.
Fill cups and sprinkle with pistachios.
Bake 180/160 fan for 15-20 mins or ’til golden.